Please Join us for the 14th Annual Mass Bay Striper Shootout organized by New England Kayak Fishing. The event will be centered on Winter Island in Salem, Massachusetts on August 17th through the 19st and is a catch, photo, and release tournament. The details and rules are below. Details and rules are subject to change. Please check this page again prior to the tournament for any changes or additions or stay informed on the NEKF forum.
New England Kayak Fishing is proud to announce that the Mass Bay Striper Shootout will help raise funds for Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy.
*Eligibility: The Mass Bay Striper Shootout is open to kayak anglers age 18 and over. (under 18 in Junior class)
* Registration: The registration fee of $100.00 ($90.00 for Supporting Members) is due on or before August 3. Any entry received after August 3rd will be charged an additional $10.00. All entries must be received before August 17th. Liability waivers must be signed & turned in to a tournament official prior to launching. Waivers will be available at the captain's meeting held on Winter Island.
*The entry fee includes the BBQ, a pizza lunch on Saturday from 11:00 to 2:00 and one shirt for all participants. There will be a giant raffle held after the trophy ceremony. Each paid tournament participant will receive one ticket good for this raffle. Participants must be checked in by 12pm to receive a raffle ticket and remain present during the raffle in order to claim a prize. Additional tickets will NOT be sold for this giveaway. Please visit the sponsors websites, links can be found on the home page. There will be some additional special raffles to benefit charities for which tickets can be purchased separately.
*This year we will be selling tickets for the BBQ catered by Galindo's Roadside Roasters for guests of registered participants (The registered participants meal is included). Adults are $15.00 children under 12 are $8.00.
*The T-shirts this year will be short sleeve performance style shirts. Shirt sizes will be guaranteed for everyone registering by July 23th. After that shirt sizes will be limited and will be on a first come first served basis. We are again selling extra T-Shirts for those who want them. The cost is $20.
* Junior division for anglers under 18, details are below. There is a $50 registration fee for the junior division, and a waiver signed by a parent is required.
* Safety: All registered anglers are required to wear a PFD and observe Coast Gaurd and Massachusetts Boating laws.
* All anglers are required to follow all Massachusetts fishing regulations. For more information about MA 2018 saltwater fishing regulations, please look here :http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/laws-and-regulations/recreational-regulations/printable-recreational-finfish-regulations.html
* All anglers 16 and older are required to have a Massachusetts saltwater fishing license or a license from a reciprocal state. Licenses are $10 for resident and non-resident anglers. Check here for more information: http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dfg/dmf/recreational-fishing/recreational-saltwater-permits.html
* The Captains' meetings will be held on Friday from 5pm -8pm at the Winter Island Pavillion. Anglers must attend this meeting prior to launching for the tournament and all fees (camp site and registration) must be paid in full. Angler should file a float plan that includes emergency contact information. Tournament identifiers will be handed out at the meeting. One indicator will be issued per entrant, and will not be issued without a signed waiver.
* Tournament Start Time and End: The tournament start time is August 18th following the captains meeting and registration. Weigh in will start at 10:00AM August 20st, and you must be in the weigh in line by 12:00PM,
August 19st to weigh in your catch.The weigh in will be followed by a bbq and trophy ceremonies.
* All waters within a 30 mile radius of Winter Island are open.
* Radios and Cell Phones: Are allowed and encouraged
* Kayaks powered by paddle, pedal, or electric motors only. If you have an electric motor, check local boating laws to be certain you are in compliance.
BARBIE IS BACK @ SHOOTOUT
Well the only question to be asked is there anyone that can beat Spiderman's Record 48.75 from 2017. He came within 1/4 inch of winning the Shootout. So join us on Winter Island during the Friday check in and get your Rod and sign up for the 2018 BRD @ Salem MA. O Yea there a nice bouns if anyone beats that 48.75 of Spiderman.